The EUROPAIN trade show took place from 11 to 14 January in Paris, and welcomed more than 38,000 professionals from the bakery-pastry sector.
The “Pépites de la boulangerie” ceremony
It was on the occasion of the international bakery-pastry-making event, that the 18 winning companies of the very first Pépites de la Boulangerie were again distinguished in the presence of numerous officials and journalists from the sector.
18 products, including 4 special prices, were thus elected to the rank of Pépite de la Boulangerie 2020 in various categories. Products that were highlighted in a dedicated space throughout the duration of the show.
After a long selection process, our online course on “Sales techniques” in baking and hot spots, received the “special” prize from the jury.
Our favorite innovations
During this fair we discovered several interesting innovations. We share with you our favorites.
First innovation: Flours made from vegetables
Here is the first innovation that caught our attention, the GreendOz ‘Vegetable Super Flours, which have already won 8 innovation prizes in 2018-2019, most recently with the national Agropole competition!
These are versatile flours that combine vegetables and legumes for their nutritional benefits. Naturally colored and gluten-free, they can be used pure or mixed with another flour in both sweet and savory recipes.
They allow you to make healthy and delicious pastries by combining health, simplicity and pleasure.
Second innovation: The Sandwich cutter
The second innovation that caught our attention is the Nacut Sandwich Cutter!
Nacut is the first tool to cut, spread and keep bread open for mounting sandwiches with both hands. This practical technique is patented. This device made in France, saves time by 30% on average. Just slide the piece of baguette into the appliance, then a blade cuts the product on its edge and spreads the two parts of the baguette.
Bakery World Cup
China won this edition with a high-end artistic piece as you can see in the photo below. Followed by Japan and Denmark.
The important points to remember:
- Bakery equipment manufacturers come together to offer a single point of contact for the baker, and a global offer, from layout, to store equipment, thus avoiding multiple contacts for the baker
- A trend in plants with ranges of vegetable and mixed flours
- The mills generalize in their ranges organic flours, and others from sustainable and local cultures
- The milling brands, in their new baking concepts, highlight the craftsman, and position their own brand behind in the window
- The confederation of the French pastry bakery has just launched its new label: “Boulanger de France” to better inform the consumer and highlight homemade production, recipes with reduced salt rates, long fermentations, favor short circuits (a more complete article will be made later)
- The innovative contribution of startups present through FoodTech
Read other articles:
The list of bakery nuggets 2020: http://baguetteacademy.com/fr/le-palmares-des-pepites-de-la-boulangerie-2020/
An article will arrive soon and will deal with the new label “Boulanger de France”! Stay tunned😉