Chapter 1: The composition and the production process for making butter
In this chapter, we’ll answer the following questions:
- What do we mean by standard butter? What is butter made of?
- What are the different production methods?
- How is butter made today?
Chapter 2: The different types of butter, their designations and how to store it
- What are the different types of butter in France?
- What does the French “AOC” designation mean?
- What are the indications written on products made with butter?
- How do you store and preserve the different types of butter?
This chapter will allow you to better understand the specificities of each type of butter.
Chapter 3: Identifying the applications and roles played by butter in a bakery
- What roles does butter play in baking?
- Which type of butter is best suited for the different kinds of dough in a bakery? And for creams? And for sandwiches?
- Which factors impact the price of butter?
This last chapter will give you some concrete examples on how to use butter in a bakery. You’ll also learn about other aspects of butter, such as how it has regained popularity in the past few years.
*Accessibility: You’ll have a 24/24 and 7/7 access to the course connecting on our learning platform during 21 days after your registration date.
The course duration is indicative. It’s important that you follow the training at your own rythm. The learning duration correspond to the course reading and rereading, to the note taking and the final test. You can reread the course 5 times and begin the quiz when you feel ready. You can take the test only 3 times.